GIE Media, Inc. - Valley View, OH
The Conference Coordinator is a full-time position that reports to the Director, Conferences and Events. The position requires a high-energy individual capable of working independently on a variety of tasks simultaneously and someone who can take a project from inception to completion. Other qualifications required for the position include:
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills.
- Ability to work well under deadlines.
- The ability to take responsibility for a project.
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively both internally and externally.
- Willingness to work with outside vendors.
- Proficient in such applications as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Cloud and either a working knowledge of or a willingness to learn online registration systems and other event planning tools (Cvent/ExpoCad/EventMobi).
- Previous event experience a plus.
- A four-year bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A willingness and flexibility for travel.
The Conference Coordinator will:
- Serve as liaison with speakers and programming committees for the events, working with speakers to coordinate presentation, travel and logistical needs.
- Assist in handling audio/visual arrangements for events in accordance with specific event needs and event budget.
- Assist in developing and creating the overall attendee experience. This will include assisting with populating event apps (when applicable), assisting with implementation and build out of online registration and assisting in handling attendee inquiries and requests.
- Work with various internal departments, such as (but not limited to) sales, editorial, accounting, marketing, audience development and audience engagement, to ensure overall event goals are being coordinated and carried out to achieve team goals and objectives.
- Assist with pulling various event reports both for internal and external purposes.
- Provide administrative support for events managed by the conference division. This will include managing speaker, sponsor, exhibitor and attendee information requests and inquiries and correspondence both pre- and post-conference.
Benefits of working at GIE Media, Inc.:
- Vacation, personal days, sick days and company holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as additional benefits
- Student loan repayment benefit
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid sabbatical leave
- In-office/work at home flexibility
- Company outings and charitable events
This is a hybrid position that will require work within an office environment, travel to and assist in various capacities with the management and execution of multiple in-person events throughout the United States and the flexibility to work remotely as the event schedule allows.
GIE Media’s Conference & Events Division manages and implements a wide range of face-to-face events designed to bring industry advertisers and professionals together in the markets we serve.
Please submit a resume to Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org.