GIE Media, Inc. - Valley View, OH
The Director of Digital Audience Engagement will work across the GIE Media team to devise tailored audience engagement strategies, create and publish engaging social content on core GIE Media platforms—including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram—to drive strategic communications goals. This position is responsible for designing, producing, project managing and measuring effectiveness of social media content. The role will also proactively identify opportunities to elevate GIE Media’s thought leadership by leveraging social conversations, trending topics in the news cycle, and external events to deepen and grow engagement with key target audiences.
Responsibilities and Scope:
- Conceive, design, implement and direct social media plans and audience engagement efforts.
- Advise editorial and marketing teams on social content strategies at campaign proposal and launch stages, and project manage key workstreams of those plans.
- Provide tracking, reporting and analysis of social performance data and share learnings/insights to help shape and inform future content and audience engagement strategies.
- Write clearly and succinctly about complex subjects and apply strong editing skills to modify content for optimal social media engagement with target audiences while maintaining consistent brand voice and guidelines.
- Demonstrate a strategic communications savviness and ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of social media principles, best practices and emerging trends.
- Work with Publishers to develop social media packages for external organizations and partners to help amplify content and messaging outside of GIE Media-owned channels, and support with monitoring and tracking of those placements.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing and implementing media strategies and measuring results.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading messages for targeted audiences.
- Experience implementing and managing multiple complex projects.
- Demonstrated social media expertise—creating and implementing social strategy using organic and paid social campaigns.
- Experience developing audience cultivation/growth strategies and digital influencer strategies or campaigns to drive online engagement with target audiences.
- Experience in social media KPI reporting and analysis.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, excellent verbal/written communication, proofreading skills and project management experience.
- Ability to work independently within broad communications project goals without requiring detailed management review of work.
- Strong time management skills, ability to design, implement and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and operate on tight deadlines.
- Ability to experiment and think outside the box and cultivate the creative ideas of others to find innovative solutions. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar opportunities.
- Ability to think strategically creating breakthrough plans and programs and making decisions based on analysis, experience, and judgment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in best practices and emerging trends in digital and social media, content marketing and strategic communications.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills.
Benefits of working at GIE Media, Inc.:
- Vacation, personal days, sick days and company holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as additional benefits
- Student loan repayment benefit
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid sabbatical leave
We are looking to fill this position ASAP. . Please send a resume to Brittany at firstname.lastname@example.org.